Safety and Compliance Officer
Mount Gambier, South Australia
Full time Employment
About Us:Van Schaik’s Bio Gro is a family-owned business and industry leader in the development and manufacturing of quality products from organics tailored to a wide range of growing media, mulch, and compost applications, with sites in Mount Gambier, South Australia, Dandenong, Victoria and Newbridge, Victoria.At the core of everything we do, lies a deep commitment to sustainability and the environment. This is underpinned by our key philosophy of Recover, Refine and Reapply. Together with our valued employees, customers, and partners, we will continue to set sustainable standards for our industry and for our future.
About the role:
Bio Gro is seeking an experienced a Safety and Compliance Officer to join the team at our Mount Gambier, South Australia site. An exciting opportunity is available to join a committed team to help drive and work collaboratively within the organisation to manage WH&S risks across the sites.
As S&C Officer you will be responsible for:
• Maintaining effective working relationships and communication with all managers and employees across the organisation
• Supporting Managers and Supervisors in the creation and development of key safety documents, including but not limited to Standard
Operating Procedures and Action Plans.
• Administer the Safety and Compliance databases and registers to ensure accurate data is provided to the Leadership Group.
• Manage the day-to-day Safety, Compliance and People portfolio as directed.
• Manage divisional reports, spreadsheets, compliance and training calendars and skills matrix.
• Create/update Processes and procedures a required.
• Manage WHS on site inductions for new starters.
• Assist with recruitment process and support the HR Administrator in all HR functions including development of employment contracts,
updating position descriptions and administering medical checks
• Understand industrial obligations in relation to the Fair Work Act and Modern Awards
The S&C Officer will play a critical role in the delivery of administering the end-to-end processes within Workplace Health Safety & Compliance to effectively achieve operational, compliance and divisional needs.
What you will need:
• Hold a Formal qualification in a WHS, Environment or Quality related degree or extensive industry experience is highly desirable.
• Existing knowledge of workplace health and safety regulations and standards
• Highly developed ability to work in a team environment to collaboratively achieve results.
• Highly developed ability to attend to detail and to produce accurate work.
• Ability to be professional, resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
• Developed ability to organise, multitask, prioritise and work under pressure.
• Demonstrate initiative
• Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal.