Maintenance Technician – PM Shift
Mt Gambier, South Australia
Full time Employment
About the role:
Van Schaik’s Bio Gro is a family-owned business and industry leader in the development and manufacture of quality products from organics tailored to a wide range of growing media, mulch, and compost applications, with sites in Mount Gambier, South Australia and Dandenong, Victoria.
At the core of everything we do, lies a deep commitment to sustainability and the environment for future generations. This is underpinned by our key philosophy of Recover, Refine and Reapply. Together with our valued employees, customers, and partners, we will continue to set sustainable standards for our industry and for our future.
About the Role:
Bio Gro is looking for a motivated, experienced Maintenance Technician to join the team at our Mount Gambier, South Australia site.
The successful applicant is responsible for ensuring that the repair and maintenance of company plant and automated packaging equipment is handled in a professional manner, maintaining or exceeding all performance objectives.
The role will include but not limited to:
• Carry out necessary repairs and equipment maintenance in the most time and cost-effective manner
• Liaise with operators regarding issues that exist with plant and equipment.
• Provide after-hours breakdown and repair support as required
• Coordinate any third party/contractor requirements as needed, arrange quotations and oversee performance plus consult and give feedback on performance.
• Supervise apprentices as required, coaching and developing in a safe and efficient manner.
• Proven work experience in a similar role desirable.
• Working knowledge of the maintenance requirements for equipment repairs.
• Competency in troubleshooting and repairing technical machinery.
• Experience within the engineering field in a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
• A current drivers license
• Strong analytical skills