Wandilo, South Australia
Full time Employment
About the role:
Van Schaik’s Bio Gro is a family-owned business and industry leader in the development and manufacture of quality products from organics tailored to a wide range of growing media, mulch, and compost applications, with sites in Mount Gambier, South Australia and Dandenong, Victoria.
At the core of everything we do, lies a deep commitment to sustainability and the environment for future generations. This is underpinned by our key philosophy of Recover, Refine and Reapply. Together with our valued employees, customers, and partners, we will continue to set sustainable standards for our industry and for our future.
About the Role:
Bio Gro is looking for a full time motivated, experienced Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our Wandilo, South Australia site.
The duties will include service maintenance on a large variety of equipment including Trucks, Front End Loaders, Excavators and Screens.
The role will include but not limited to:
• Carry out equipment servicing, maintenance/repairs in the most time and cost-effective manner.
• Make recommendations on the purchase of necessary equipment and consumables in the most cost-
• Support the Maintenance Manager as required.
• Consult with the Site Supervisor/Maintenance Manager of repairs and potential machine downtime issues that
• Troubleshoot and make recommendations regarding maintenance and equipment issues as required.
• Diesel Mechanic Trade qualification is a must
• At least five (5) years relevant experience preferred but not essential.
• Have a strong mechanical background with knowledge of pneumatic equipment and hydraulic systems.
• Excellent diagnostics, fault finding skills with ability to solve practical problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team with strong time management skills.
• Commitment to Bio Gro’s safety, environmental and quality assurance policies and company values.
• Current driver’s license.
• Good personal presentation.